Disinfect home mask: Some people wear cloth masks when it is necessary to wear masks, which, of course, need to be disinfected. This article describes how to disinfect these masks.
How to disinfect fabric mask
Due to the prevalence of coronavirus, you need to know about the use of different types of masks and how to disinfect them.
Textile and surgical masks work to prevent the spread and transmission of respiratory droplets containing the virus and are therefore recommended to the general public in all viral infections.
The most important reason for the general use of the mask is to prevent the transmission and transmission of the virus by asymptomatic patients or carriers.
Masks and home covers
In some countries, due to the lack of surgical masks and N95 and the need for medical staff to use these masks, the public is advised to use homemade masks, especially in crowded places where it is not possible to keep a distance from others.
Features of home masks
Fabric home masks must have special properties to prevent the spread of the virus in the environment. The features of these masks are:
- Cover the nose and mouth well under the chin and side of the face, while not obstructing normal breathing.
- It can be easily used and removed from the face with a bandage or elastic without contaminating the mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Be multi-layered.
- It can be washed and dried without damage or deformation.
Disinfect home masks for reuse
There are some health tips to disinfect home masks:
- Heat the mask for half an hour at a temperature of 70 degrees in the oven, microwave, or tester where the food is not heated regularly.
- Wash the mask in the washing machine along with other clothes that are used outdoors.
- Put the mask in a teaspoon of bleach solution and 4 cups of water for five minutes.
- Insert the mask for five minutes at 70. C for 5 minutes. Boil the mask in boiling water
When using a mask, you should pay attention to the following two points:
- Do not disinfect your mask more than ten times.
- Disinfect the mask every day after each use.
Benefits of using the mask correctly
It significantly reduces the spread of respiratory droplets carrying the virus in space.
Inhibits the entry of tiny respiratory droplets carrying the virus into the nose, throat, and lungs of healthy people.
Prevents nose and mouth infections by hand.